Avatar - Teaser Trailer
- Released end of August, months before the film's release to create even more excitement and hype about it.
- Only one line of dialogue - International appeal, nothing gets lost in translation. Emphasis on the visuals, the beauty of it and the amazing graphics. Understated, minimalistic orchestreal music.
- Doesn't give anything about the plot away - Intriguing. Most people will already have heard of the film, so this is just to whet audience's appetites. A very good example of what a "Teaser" trailer is for.
- Most shots are short clips, featuring camera movement to show scenery or characters, dissolves or fade-to-black between each shot. Not choppy or fast-paced, more slow-moving at the beginning. Towards the end of the trailer the transitions get faster and the tense atmosphere builds, more shots of the action-packed, exciting scenes.
Avatar - Official International Launch Trailer
The Boat That Rocked - Teaser Trailer
- 'From Richard Curtis, creator of Notting Hill, Four Weddings and a Funeral and Love Actually'
- Short clip of each famous actor, then their name
- Martha & The Vandellas - Dancing in the Street, 1964
- 'Until one American DJ' - Completely re-telling the story to appeal to American audience
- American voiceover
- 'Academy Award winner Philip Seymour Hoffman'